Monday, February 18, 2008

College shootings

Last week's second university shooting makes me question what I would do in that situation... I teach at the university level, and have wondered what I could do to stop such a horrific event...I had this conversation with my husband, and all I could come up with was either carrying mace to class with me, or heaven forbid, carrying a concealed weapon...
Since I am terrified of guns, option 2 wouldnt work for me, so maybe carrying some mace or pepper spray would work...

The bottom line is unless someone has a weapon, no one can stop a psycho determined to inflict pain and injury...

That is why the laws in Texas changed to allow someone to carry a concealed weapon, with proper certification...In the 1980's, this guy shot up a Lubys in Killeen... A woman was there eating with her parents... Her parents were shot and killed by this madman... The daughter argued that if she had been permitted to carry her gun, she could have stopped this guy...

Peace be with you at Northern Illinois...
God bless those who perished...

No comments: