Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grammy Awards - 50 years

Wow, is all I can say about tonight's show. It needs to be the 50th anniversary every year to have this quality of show. If you missed it, I am truly sorry...
Alicia Keyes performed twice! Morris Day and the Time sang with Rianna, who is so pretty!

They had this performance with Cirque de Soleil featuring The Beatles music
Then they had a gospel choir singing Let it Be, my second favorite Beatles song (Hey Jude is my favorite, and one of the best rock songs ever written in my opinion) Definitely made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

They had a gospel segment featuring several artists and Aretha Franklin sang with them!
I wish I had the time to research gospel artists and songs, because I really want to listen to more Christian music, but today's Christian music doesnt move me like gospel does...

Amy Winehouse performed, and sorry, I just dont get it about what people see in her...Not to mention I know she has drug issues, and I have had it with all these celebrities doing drugs and going to rehab... I find it ironic that her hit song is called "rehab" which I know she has just been in....

Kanye West performed, but he didnt sing "Good Life, " which I absolutely love! He sang his song to his mother, and the "make me stronger" song...

But the hands down best performance of the night was Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban (YES, THEY SANG TOGETHER - IT WAS LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!) One day I am going to see those guys in concert!

Tina Turner and Beyonce performed together... they sang "big wheels keep on turning - rolling, rolling, rolling like a river!" One of these days I am going to dress up like Tina and sing that song...
I wish I could sing and be a rock star performer... I just want to experience what those guys and gals experience being up on stage like that... I know it has to be a thrill!

Anyways, I really enjoy music and listening to it...Just wish I had more time to jam at home and fill my mp3 player with cool music...

No comments: