Friday, January 4, 2008

Quote of the Day

To keep your marriage brimming with love in the loving cup...Whenever youre wrong, admit it; whenever youre right, shut up.
Ogden Nash

This quote is right on the money... I learned that its not worth it to "correct" my husband when he's wrong. What does that accomplish? If you have to correct your spouse, that means you have to have the last word, which leads to fighting... The cardinal rule of marriage: YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME

My niece recently asked me: How do you do it? Your marriage - what keeps it together?

I thought about that for a second and said: connection.
My husband and I "connect" every day, and no, I dont mean "that" way!
I mean that we talk to each other every day, even if its for five minutes. We talk about our day, or politics, or future plans, our daughter, or he says something that makes me laugh.
Just that few minutes of intimacy on a daily basis is the way we keep our marriage happy and fresh...
And, I have to admit, I am the luckiest wife in the world.
My husband, after 13 years of marriage, STILL looks at me the same way he did when we were first going together.
Am I blessed or what?

No comments: