Thursday, January 3, 2008

Quote of the Day

Ultimately, a genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I picked this quote after seeing tonight's Iowa caucus results in which Huckabee and Obama proved victorious.
I think the Democratic Party is looking for someone fresh, with some new ideas (even though I dont think Obama has any vision for America - it seems like alot of platitudes to me). It looks like the people of Iowa are tired of the Clintonistas and worried about Bill Clinton getting back in the White House.
I wonder if we will see less of Bill on the campaign trail after tonight's results (one can only hope)

As for Huckabee, I think his Fair Tax has really resonated with voters there, along with his very strong pro-life stance. Conservatives feel very strongly on that issue and the anti-gay marriage issue. And Huckabee is just a likable guy, someone who seems trustworthy...

I still believe Romney will get the Republican Party nomination and Clinton will get the Democratic nomination. Those are my predictions for this year's election.

No comments: