Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Random thoughts

1. http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_great_black_hispanic_split_763980.htm?page=0


An important article on the growing tensions between Latinos and African-Americans due to immigration and the fact that immigrants are taking jobs away from blacks...

2. Here is a good money saving tip: get your computer's ink cartridges refilled at Walgreens for $10!
Yes, I read this in a magazine, so yesterday I went to see if it was really true, and sure enough, I waited maybe 10 minutes for it. I know that every time I have gone to Walmart to get a new one, they are at least $24.99. So not only do you save money, you are recycling!

3. In today's newspaper was an article discussing the Roe v. Wade court case,which legalized abortion on today's date in 1973. The article said that abortions were "down" in 2005 to "only" 1.2 million. Are you kidding me? In this era of condoms, RU-486 pills, feminism, access to cheap birth control and sexual awareness, we should rejoice that this only happens 1.2 million times a year?

No comments: